Cornwall Coast Path/photo courtesy of www.jordanweeks.com

Sunday 25 December 2011

NUT ROAST RUN

Nut Roast Run


My vegetarian version of the turkey trot! And nothing like it to clear your head after a five-year-old induced 5am start followed by a morning constructing all his toys!


Focused on technique today, table football shooting technique as well as my running tech - posture, rhythm and relaxation the key to both sports. I tried explaining the technicalities of foosball to my son but it all ended in tears - I tried to lose, honest!


I guess all those evening foosball comps during my many snowboard seasons have hardwired my brain - interesting how skills and habits stay with you even if you don't use them for a while.


The problem with the skill of running is that so many of us spent so many years running with the wrong technique that now we have to re-wire our brain with the new skill…and it doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, means slowing down and focusing on that posture, rhythm and relaxation…thank goodness I don't have to teach my son how to run - he's lucky enough to have spent his young life barefoot or in VIVOBAREFOOT shoes so he has a great running technique. In fact he delights in reminding me that he has already won two triathlons while his Dad can only dream.


So anyway, my run was awesome, I now feel alive and ready to tuck into my nut roast and RAW veg Christmas lunch. Power food for the afternoon table football tournament!


No comments:

Post a Comment